On the note of things being hard, this week certainly has been. I've had a cold, a sore back triggered by that and a poor mattress, and to top it all off I fainted in the middle of a meeting at work and broke my fall with my face. So I've been in a lot of pain and discomfort, and certainly have not been easy to live with or overly positive this week!
But there are positives, and now that it's Saturday and my weekend chores are over. Things that made me happy today:
- being able to buy fresh, reasonably priced, local or at least nearby meat from the butchers. Eating happy animals makes me happy.
- getting a 45p chick sugar cookie from the bakers and discovering that the frosting is lemon flavoured.
- wiring money to Canada and experiencing an exchange rate just over 1.5...simply because I am glad it is not lower.
- confirming from my doctor's appointment on Thursday that my blood pressure is normal. Wasn't expecting that!
- having a wonderful fiancé who forces me to go for extra walks just to see flowers blooming along the backs at Clare.
- having a wonderful fiancé who spent the week putting up with my grouchiness and spaciness without losing his temper.
- buying 80p worth of gummibears from a stall in the market to munch on a walk home
- hearing positive things about our wedding/save the dates from people we talk to
That is my list for today, at least so far! And it's not yet three o'clock and I have a whole glorious afternoon and evening in which to read and rest.
Also, hope you enjoy what I am titling "Smash Face". I carpet burned my forehead and nose, cut the inside of my lip, and bruised the bridge of my nose. My mum showed this photo to my Grandma who said that I was very good looking and could she please have a copy. I love my Grandma!